2009 UPCOMING EVENTS (additional information coming)

  • JEFF BLOUNT MEMORIAL GOLF TOURNAMENT (POSTPONED)
  • APRIL 25 CHARITY MOTORCYCLE RIDE PROSPECT METHODIST
  • JUNE 8-12 JEFF'S BLOUNT ALL STAR BASEBALL CAMP
  • JUNE 11-14 HS SUMMER BASEBALL TOURNAMENT
  • AUG/SEPT BIKE RIDE FUNDRAISER

Thursday, September 18, 2008

COACH JEFF, NICHOLAS AND THE WORD 'CRAP'

Cody Lewis and Jeff Blount at the Whistle Post Tavern St. Patrick's Day 2008
I forgot about this story until this past weekend. Again, Nicholas was 4 years old when he played for Jeff. I am very liberal when it comes to Nicholas spreading his wings, but extremely conservative about his vocabulary.
He consistently hit up the middle or to the right side of the field. There are a couple of coaches who have been on the receiving end of one of his line drives up the middle, including myself. So, when he hit one back at Jeff, Jeff's response was 'Nicholas, that scared the crap out of me.'. My 4 year old thought this was the greatest thing he had ever heard- Coach Jeff said crap!
From that day forward, anytime Nicholas could use the word 'crap' in the context of scaring it out of Jeff, he would. He knew I didn't like it, but insisted it was acceptable because that is what Coach Jeff said. I am now learning that the word 'crap' is the least of my worries!

No comments:

2006 5/6 CARDINALS

2006 5/6 CARDINALS