2009 UPCOMING EVENTS (additional information coming)

  • JEFF BLOUNT MEMORIAL GOLF TOURNAMENT (POSTPONED)
  • APRIL 25 CHARITY MOTORCYCLE RIDE PROSPECT METHODIST
  • JUNE 8-12 JEFF'S BLOUNT ALL STAR BASEBALL CAMP
  • JUNE 11-14 HS SUMMER BASEBALL TOURNAMENT
  • AUG/SEPT BIKE RIDE FUNDRAISER

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Chemo - 2

Today, it was an eventful day for me.... It was CHEMO-2 day at Emory Hospital. I thought I would be home early, but it turned out to be an eight hour day for us at the Winship Cancer center. I reported at 8AM and finally left the center at 4PM..... It was an exhausting day but not without just cause. The day was for drawing blood work, seeing the doctor, and receiving Chemo. I haven't lost any hair yet, but I know my future will resemble a bowling pin look. Today, did not go without some humor, about half way through the treatment and older fellow of about 50 stood up to go the restroom. He took two steps tripped and went "down like FRazier" and took out a blood pressure machine. Luckly, he was alright and had a good laugh about it..... Doctors had good news and said that we were on the right path.......Keep looking up and "Do Not Fear".....................CBlount

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Coach,

Several years have passed since I last saw you but I am glad to know that some things don't change...despite the times, you continue to find humor and put a smile on those around you. Stay positive! You will be in our prayers.

"Jabbo"
Jeremy Barrett

Anonymous said...

Jeff, you're looking too good to be a person on chemo! I am sure the next couple of days are going to be h-ll, but I know you can do it. By the way, Nicholas hit his first 'out of the park' homerun last Monday. You would have been proud. It's a shame you are going to be moving up to 9/10 when he is moving into 7/8. Talk to you soon,

Anonymous said...

Jeff,
So glad to hear that you're "on the right path". Keep up your good spirits and your sense of humor. Do Not Fear -- God, and all your friends are with you.
Go Seminoles & Go Dawgs,
Jo Anne Treadwell

Anonymous said...

Hey Jeff,

Glad to hear things are on the right track. We miss you all and think of you everyday!

Love,
Holly, David, Cade & Emma

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeff and Tina. Hope this week is going good so far. Heard you got to meet my parents out at the Winship Cancer Center last week. What a place to meet up! :-) My mom said you looked really good and that your spirits was high after talking to Tina.I am keeping on top of things via your website and Chasity. Please let me know if there is anything we can do!

Elaine Hale

Anonymous said...

Hey Jeff,
It is so good to hear your voice be so positive! Please keep up the good spirits and remember... NO COMPUTER ON STATS!! WE survivors are not statistics!!
Love ya,
Lisa Cole Sweat

2006 5/6 CARDINALS

2006 5/6 CARDINALS