2009 UPCOMING EVENTS (additional information coming)

  • JEFF BLOUNT MEMORIAL GOLF TOURNAMENT (POSTPONED)
  • APRIL 25 CHARITY MOTORCYCLE RIDE PROSPECT METHODIST
  • JUNE 8-12 JEFF'S BLOUNT ALL STAR BASEBALL CAMP
  • JUNE 11-14 HS SUMMER BASEBALL TOURNAMENT
  • AUG/SEPT BIKE RIDE FUNDRAISER

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

STEP FORWARD- UPDATE FROM JEFF

July 1 - After a rough start to the day with a lot of pain & a pain-medicine induced stupor, I was able to rebound. I regained my strength & had a really marvelous 2nd half of the day.

I received a great amount of support from our family & friends throughout the day. It gave me a boost of support to fight this evil within me.

I can't begin to express my appreciation for the love & support received from all my family & friends. As we begin this battle for life, my family really appreciates the sacrifices that are being made by everyone to support us.

I will always keep my head up and push forward with great determination. I can promise that I will never quit and know that you will never quit as well.

Tomorrow we will begin the 2nd phase of the chemo in this cycle. With the prayer & support of everyone on my team, we will have better success than we've had to date. (Do not fear) I do love all you guys. Jeff Blount

*** Side note from a friend... Jeff is taking the strongest chemo on the planet for this type of cancer. So far, he's tolerating it well, but its effects won't really show for a week or two. Its time for all his prayer warriors to send the prayers up and get the word out. Please contact your prayer chains. Jeff has a strong faith but prayer is what he & his family needs. ***

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I will always keep my head up and push forward with great determination. I can promise that I will never quit and know that you will never quit as well. "

basically everything you've taught me on and off the field put into one quotation..

I love you coach, and you know you're always in my prayers, as well as my family's. We got into Vietnam around 12AM last night, but our time schedule is about 13 hours off.

But anyways Coach, just wanted you to know that I'm still thinkin about you halfway across the world! I'll be checkin up on this because it's the only way to keep in touch with you for a month.

Keep fightin' Coach,

-Danny Quach-Kwan-do : )

Anonymous said...

Jeff and Tina;

You guys are so special to Travis and I. We love you and are praying for you each and everyday. The strong faith and belief that you show through your blog is so uplifting to the rest of us. Imagine the paitent lifting up the ones around him. Sounds backwards, but it is great to see you in such high spirits. The best way to fight adversity is with a smile. Take care and let us know if there is anything we can do. With the pregnancy day by day, I hate to commit to something to far in advance but the two ankle biters are welcomed to come visit us anytime I not in labor. :) Tell Tina not to hesitate to call!!!!

Shannon

Deidra Willis said...

Jeff and Tina,

Marlin and I think so highly of the pair of you and your family and have been lifting you guys up in prayer from the moment we heard that you were going through this ordeal. I am so motivated by your strength and by your family's love. Please know that you have touched our lives and our son's lives so much. We love you with all of our heart and pray that God will heal your body. Tina, count me in for whatever I can do to help. We know you to be a fighter but if ever, even for a moment you grow tired, please know that you have a whole line who is prepared to push forward until you regain your strength. We will create a big hole for you to run through.

Jeff, we love you.

Marlin Sr.,Deidra, MJ and Daylin Willis

2006 5/6 CARDINALS

2006 5/6 CARDINALS